Sunday, January 28, 2024

3 Random Things - Week 10

Innocence

Kids say the cutest things. Do you know why? Because their innocence is yet to be tainted. The way they think, the way they find a connection between two unrelated things and the way they make conclusions regarding situations around them are astounding because of this reason alone.

Don't worry. The system and us will spend a decade knocking it out of them. And when they start toeing the line, we will have won. But until then, I can enjoy the free entertainment show put on by my four year old. Well, almost free. Have you ever gone shopping with her?

***

1. Food

Someone brought Appu a small toy cat as a gift. She loved it so much that she started carrying it everywhere. My mom asked her if she wanted a real cat. Appu said yes. My mom then informed her that the cat will grow up and become a big cat, and then Appu can't carry it everywhere.

My four year old had a simple solution. "I won't give it any food. Then it won't grow up."

2. Money

This is the typical response from every child. But still it's something which really pulls on the heart strings.

One Monday morning, as I was about to leave for office, Appu came and asked me not to go to office, and instead play with her all day like we did yesterday. The conversation went like this.

"Acha. Don't go to office."
"I have to go to office."
"Please don't go. Let's play like yesterday."
"What else did we do yesterday?"
"We went shopping."
"And what did we buy?"
"Toys and candy."
"How did we buy that?"
"With money."
"So, why do I have to go to office?"
"To make money."
*Pause*
*Gets up, runs away, and comes back with a box*
"Here is all my money, don't go to office."

She had brought her coin box.

P.S. Now, I tell her that I go to office to help my friends. She's okay with the explanation.

3. Backseat driver

"Why are you going fast?"
"Do you see that lorry?"
"Why are you talking while driving?"

My daughter has been trained by her mother and her grandmother in the dark arts of backseat driving. She is now the de facto mouthpiece for them, showering the driver with the above comments. Of course, she hasn't picked up the exact science behind the theme.

This weekend, Appu insisted on going to the Park, while the other two ladies decided they do not want to walk to much. This culminated in Appu hitching a bike ride with her father and her grandfather to Malampuzha Park.

On reaching the location, it was unanimously decided to take the Ropeway. Whole on the Ropeway, my father and myself were looking and commenting on the lights put up for the flower show, when we suddenly heard her say, "Don't talk while driving."

***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment