Sunday, January 7, 2024

3 Random Things - Week 7

Cry.

Do  you remember crying for a feeling other than that of pain or sadness? Out of frustration perhaps, maybe out of helplessness, probably out of a dawning realisation that you are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes even out of happiness?

I've. We all have.

***

November

When you don't feel at ease with the state of your professional and your personal life, you can breakdown during your daily walk on a chilly November evening. Hopefully, you will end up evaluating your life and where you want it to go, and end up taking the Leap of faith. And I hope it gets you where you hoped to be, like it has for me.


2. Onam 2019

If you happened to be at the Neonatal ICU wing of Amrita Hospital at 9am on any day between 7th August 2019 and 21st September 2019, you would have run into me. The princess snoring next to me right now was born nearly three months premature, and that was the visiting time for parents to see their child at the NICU.

I've a very bad memory, so thankfully whatever images I had to see there have been wiped clean in my head. But I still remember one day in particular. She had a recurrence of an infection, and they had stopped feeding her altogether. The doctor told me that morning that there was not much to do, but wait for 24 hours to see how she responds to medicine.

I was on my way to office after hearing that. We were celebrating Onam at office on that day. I had reached this intersection near Kaloor, and I just couldn't drive anymore. I stopped the bike by the side. The helmet hid the tears running down my face. I called in sick and went back home.

3. Onam 2020

You don't need to be a genius to figure out why tears were running down my face on a cold morning in August 2020. It was Onam again, and I had my princess in my arms.

***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment