Thursday, April 25, 2013

What's in your wallet...

I dropped my wallet today as I was trying to put it away after coming home from work. It's not that out of the ordinary from me, as I tend to drop anything that is droppable. But after dropping it, I spent the next hour going through the contents of it, reminiscing about the story of how it got there.

You can say a lot about a man from the things he carries in his wallet. Well here are the list of things you would find in mine, from the bizarre to the quaint.

  1. 1 photo of Saibaba of Shirdi. It has been the custom at my home to keep a photo of Baba in any new bag/wallet. You'll find one in the suitcase I travel with, and also in my laptop bag.
  2. Some notes. sometimes notes of 100; maybe 500; but you can always be sure of finding the 10s and 20s.
  3. 2 Debit Cards and 1 credit card. This has to be the minimum requirement these days I think. If you want a quote on the maximum, my neighbour at office has at least 3 debit cards and 8 credit cards. It would be hard to beat that number.
  4. My other cards, including visiting cards, metro card, privilege cards, insurance cards, driving license, etc.
  5. Some 6-8 passport size photos.
  6. One small Indian Flag, which a lady duped me into buying for 100 rupees saying the money was for orphans.
  7. A parking ticket from "Sreekumar" theatre, from when I saw a movie there the last time I was at Trivandrum.
  8. A feather from a duckling I had as a pet in 2006. I know that it is weird, but I carry it around with me like a good luck charm.
  9. A Re.1 coin, minted in 1997, which was given to me by my grandfather.
That's about it.

I know that this might be an abrupt end, but that's all for today.

See ya tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment