Thursday, September 11, 2014

It's getting Personal (5 things - Week 76)

"Write something personal every week. It keeps people interested in what you are writing."

Words of wisdom from a friend of mine. And I can't refute that thought. It's true that people prefer to read about personal things. That's the reason why those rags which print news about the personal lives of famous personalities are so rampant.

Not to say that everyone's like that. People like to read prose too. But prose is always more interesting when it has a story to tell. And like that friend of mine opined, my "5 things" series is a bit stale in that respect. And I agree to that too.

What has to understood though is that this series is meant to be like this - devoid of any kind of story or thread. This series keeps my writing skills sharp, so that when I do have to write a prose with story, I'll be better equipped to do so.

Like we found out this week, when over a train journey back home, I was "inspired", by some events which unfolded, to write a piece on handing over of things. And it was that post - "Handover Forms", which made my friend make that above comment.

Now, as this has been a busy week, you'll have to make do with a filler post, where I'll be listing out some prose with stories that have already been written here. Shall we begin?? Do remember to click the links and go read the whole article.

***


A simple story on God answering your prayer and letting you sit right next to that cute girl you met, as you start your journey home.


The post which has been viewed the most in this blog.


What is the Ultimate Peer Praise that a guy can get from another guy?


The first post on this blog. A work of fiction, which is actually fiction (considering the other fictions from me are mostly extrapolated personal experiences).


Like I've already mentioned a lot of times before, this will always be the best prose I've ever written. My tribute to my grandfather.

***



***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment