Monday, October 17, 2011

The Ultimate Peer Praise

Ever since the days of watching "FRIENDS", I have always wondered about how it would be if the Ross-Monica-Chandler situation happened in some friendship circle around me.. Let me make this clear to those poor souls, who might not have been exposed to the sheer brilliance of, non-arguably, the greatest act by man ever..

Ross and Chandler have been best buddies since their college days.. And, as I see it now, they were part of a lucky few best friends, who got jobs in the same city, and gotta hang out with each other like in college, after college..

And Monica is Ross's sister, who happens to live in the apartment opposite to Chandler.. And these three, along with their other three phenomenal friends, Rachel, Phoebe and Joey, hang out at Monica's all the time..

Now, you people would have seen enough movies to understand what must have happened..

Well, into the fifth or sixth season, Monica and Chandler fall in love with each other.. They keep it as a secret from Ross for most of that season.. But once Ross finds out, all hells breaks loose.. Well, that's expected..

A brother, no matter how lenient or impressed, would not allow his best friend to be in a relationship with his sister.. Its basic human psychology.. Such a triangle always has a risk of making all the three relationship fail.. If you want proof, there is an episode when these three start sharing secrets of the others.. And if they hadn't stopped in time, everything could have got ruined..

Anyways, you might be wondering, why the hell I'm talking about all this.. That's cos I heard from one reliable source the following conversation, which was said to have happened with, between a friend of his and that friend's friend..

(After the usual, who is the one with the worst record with gals in the battle of the higher despness fight..)

A : You have known me for almost an year.. Can you tell me one thing?? Knowing me, will you let your daughter go out with me??

B : To tell the truth.. If I could, I would have allowed you to marry my sister..

A (stupefied) : huh??

B : Of all the recent contacts that I've made, I think you are the only one, who doesn't drink, smoke or have any other socially unacceptable habits.. You are a good guy at heart, and if you weren't of an another religion, I would have asked you to marry my sister..

A (still more stupefied, and partially blushing): Err... Thanks..

That is not the way a normal conversation would have progressed in, but due to the spur of the moment and/or the people involved, what came out was a gem of a praise to A..

The Ultimate Peer Praise.. That I'll let you marry my sister..

No comments :

Post a Comment