Friday, January 10, 2014

Missing the past (5 things - Week 41)

Another week passes me by, and I still haven't got to writing those specials I promised you. I won't say I'm swamped by the schedule I 've here, but it'll take some adjusting to. The most different thing I've to do after coming here has been attending weddings - those of my relatives, those of my family acquaintances, and those of my friends.

The latter getting married is something I'm not able to comprehend. The basic consensus of the school alumni meet a few weeks before was that we all had aged only physically. Our mental age, and maturity levels, were still on the same levels when we had left the campus some 7 years before.

So, I wish all the best to those souls who are embarking on this monumental journey, and I hope they find someone compatible with them to share the joys and sorrows along the way.

The said school reunion was also the cause of much reminiscing of the old memories. One thing led to another, and I wound up thinking of all the things that I miss from my Delhi life. I made the jump from Delhi to Thiruvananthapuram, with the notion that the grass is always greener on the other side. On arriving here, these are the things I feel are greener on the side that I was on.

1. If SALARY doesn't top the list of someone in my situation, then there's something wrong with him. So, salary comes up as the first and foremost thing I miss about my life from Delhi. Now tell me who wouldn't miss the steady inflow of cash at the end of the month. And until I can find that here - instead of this post-sale payment that I'm on right now - I'll not be cured of this missing.

2. Everybody has friends everywhere. So, I can't say I miss my FRIENDS from Delhi as such. But what I miss is the company I used to have. While I had a friends group of late 20s and early 30s over there, here my immediate company is my parents, my grandmother, my cousin and her 2 year old son. As you can see, I have gone from a group of like minded individuals, to a situation where I would have to modulate my thoughts and speech to suit each person. So, I'm currently on the search for a group of like minded, similarly aged people here in my city, and I'm close to finding it.

3. Living in a metro city, you get used to the culture and life of it. I will say that I miss the METROCITY LIFE, but I won't say that I would like to have it in my city.

4. If there is one thing I wish my city had that Delhi has, it has to be the METRO. They say you miss it only when you loose it, and it is so true in this case. In Delhi, metro is something that is one with the city. For someone, who has been there for long, it doesn't stick out for the technical marvel that it is. And seeing the choked roads of my city, I wish it had its own metro. The metro alone might not solve the problem of choked roads, but it'll make the commute so much better.

5. The WINTER. Now, you would think that I'm mad to miss the winter - which is performing a continual decrease in mercury levels with each passing year. But I do miss the winter - in a good way. I miss it, like someone would miss burning in hell. I'm just happy that I've a chance to miss it.

***



***

There is nothing to say in the epilogue. I've had the fortune to complete my first project after arriving here. Hopefully, the 'client' will like it, and it'll lead to more such projects coming my way. So, pray for me.

Well, that's it for this week.
You all have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment