Friday, December 20, 2013

Drawing blanks (5 things - Week 38)

I'm preparing to write about yours truly turning in a quarter century in this world next week.
I'm planning to do a recap of the major things which happened to me over this year as the first post of next year.
I'm going to write the post I missed in this series in early October due to jaundice [post no.27] as a Gandhiji special at the end of next month, when we'll be mourning the 64th year of his passing away.

But I've absolutely no idea as to what I'm going to write today. Such is the irony of the situation.

I tried to write about Uthradom Thirunal Marthanda Varma, the late head of the royal family of Travancore, who passed away on Monday. I tried to write about the various types of cremation techniques used around the world. I tried to think about anything that I could write here, and all I could do was nothing, but to draw blanks everywhere.



That is just what I've. WRITER'S BLOCK. And the best thing about writer's block is that it gives you the freedom to break through your inhibitions and use it as an excuse to write about the crazy, unrelated stuff you've always wanted. And before I end up like the unfortunate blogger in the following picture, here's the round up for this week.


A FEW FACEBOOK PAGES YOU SHOULD CONSIDER LIKING


It is said that you have to as naive as a child to believe the crazy stuff. That is just what Calvin brings to you. A cartoon strip everyday that makes you wonder at the unbridled imagination that this 4 foot genius possesses.


We all remember the cute, little gal we met some ten years ago. Well, now she is all grown up. And my does she look fetching.




If you have watched FRIENDS, you would know what I mean. If you haven't watched FRIENDS, you wouldn't - as simple as that.

4. ROFLindia

LAUGH. Like I had said in the mid weekly post,

LAUGH if it's funny,
LAUGH because it's healthy.
LAUGH if it's ridiculous,
LAUGH because it's infectious.

And this page gives you enough to laugh about.

5. GOD

I saved the best for last. GOD is there on facebook, and he's awesome. GOD hears what we have to say, replies to some of us, and generally puts up posts that tickle your funny bone, while working your gray cells.

***

Well, that's it for this week.
You all have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment