Friday, October 25, 2013

5 things for this week (Part 30)

But these designs that I am about to tell you right now leaves me in no doubt that should you follow these techniques, you can enjoy a meal at these places, and the burden on your wallet/purse will be lighter.

Well, of course you don't know what I'm talking about. Let's start from the beginning.

We talked about food last week, and it felt right to continue it into this post too. But even though a lot of tasty treats from God's own country are yet to discussed, we'll leave them for some other time. This week we'll be looking at the various multinational food chains that have opened up in India over the past decade or so, and how to get a cheaper meal off them.


The McDonalds, the KFCs, the Pizzahuts, the Dominos, the Subways and their related corporate meal houses charge a hefty price for enjoying the food they serve up. I've more than three years of experience in buying overpriced food from their counters. But these designs that I am about to tell you right now leaves me in no doubt that should you follow these techniques, you can enjoy a meal at these places, and the burden on your wallet/purse will be lighter.


The following 'shortcuts' are for those people who find themselves forced to use these institutions to negate their hunger, but at the same time, don't want to overspend. If you are one of those who are attracted to these places by your love for their food, these methods might seem like cutting down on the 'real' taste of the place. In that case, please feel free to not follow them.


With that out of the way, shall we start on the 5 things for this week??


Did you know that you can enjoy a decent meal...


1. ...at Dominos Pizza by going on Wednesdays?


If you are to go out on a Wednesday, and want to grab a snack with a friend, try ordering online a 'pick up order' at the nearest Dominos. You'll get one pizza free with the pizza you order. You probably shouldn't ask for more than that. By the way, the magic word is 'MOB06'.




2. ...at KFC by ordering their burgers?


I know that KFC is known more for its fried chicken, but like, have you seen the prices? They have increased so much in the past two years that it is preposterous. So when I don't have a craving for a baked piece of chicken, I go for the burgers they serve. They are priced at Rs.30 for veg, and Rs.40 for chicken. And 2-3 of them will fill you up.

3.  ...at Pizzahut by having their Rs.99 meal?


Okay, so it's not Wednesday and you gotta have pizza on the cheap. Well, then Pizzahut is the place you should be at. Compared to Dominos, Pizzahut has a higher bill amount for the same stuff, mostly because they charge you service tax of 10%. But they also have this amazing combo offer that you are gonna love. They offer you one simple pizza, two slices of garlic bread with dip, and a lemonade as a combo. Rs.99 for the veg pizza and Rs.129 for the non-veg pizza.

In case you are still having doubts about this, before I knew of this offer, I had a lemonade from a shop nearby a Pizzahut store - for Rs.80. Oh how ignorant was I then.


4. ... at Subway by going for the 'Sub of the Day' or by having the egg combos they give you?

This is pretty simple. Subway gives you the option of opting for the 'Sub of the day', being served at Rs.99. Or, if you don't like the 'Sub of the day', you can choose to have an egg combo from their breakfast menu, which they serve through out the day. It's not that popular, but it surely fills up the tummy.


5. ... at McDonalds by ordering a meal?


Now, you might think 'what the...'. But over the years, I've seen ignorant folks come up to the counter at a McD, and order a burger and a coke, missing out on french fries which he/she would have got on a free, if they had just ordered the meal. They might be cutting down on the intake, but still I can't believe almost every other person who stood before me in the queue till date was on a diet.


****

Well, that's it for this week. I went to the doctor the other day, and he has informed me that Jaundice attack on me is reaching its finishing stage. I'll return to normal service by next week hopefully. In the mean time, I'm going to enjoy more of my beautiful Kerala and my sweet home and my mum's food.

Have a great weekend!!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment