Friday, October 11, 2013

5 things for this week (Part 28)

October 1st 09.00pm
Friend : "It's just a viral fever. You'll get well soon."

October 3rd 10.00am
Colleague : "This might be Dengue. There is a lot of such cases in Delhi now. You better get tested for it; just to be sure."

October 3rd 06.30pm
Doctor : "This doesn't seem to be that bad a case. But you better get tested for Dengue; and Typhoid; and Malaria."

October 4th 10.00am
Lab Technician : "Both Malaria and Dengue tests has come back negative. I'll let you know about the Typhoid result by 2pm."

October 4th 02.00pm
Lab Technician : "Yes. The typhoid result has come. It's positive."

October 4th 02.30pm
Another Lab Technician : "I'll try to let you know the result of this test by 7pm."

October 4th 07.00pm
Another Lab Technician : "Typhoid test is positive, sir. I'm sorry."

October 4th 07.30pm
Myself : "Acha, I'm coming home. I've typhoid. I'll reach Trivandrum by 10.45am tomorrow."

October 6th 10.30am
Doctor : "You didn't have fever in the past two days right. This isn't Typhoid then. You can go back to Delhi.... What? You have unusually high bilrubin levels. We'll do a liver function test then."

October 6th 04.30pm
Doctor : "You've Jaundice. You better get hospitalized here as soon as possible."

***

This is how my past week went about. And here I am, having my second honeymoon with Hepatitis A, popularly known as Jaundice. I succumbeed to the same sysmptoms in 2005. And this week, my limited energy resources will be utilized to push through a post here. And it'll be about this 'wonderful' disease I'm having right now.

Shall we begin then??

Did you know...

1. ... that Hepatitis A affects the liver?


2. ... that the basic indicator of this disease is a high bilrubin level?


3. ... that Hepatitis A is spread through contaminated water/food?


4. ... that there is also Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C?


5. ... that it is best to get vaccinated for Hepatitis B?

***

I know that I haven't given my usual dose of explanation with each point. Excuse me please in favour of my ill health in that respect. I promise I'll make up for this by this month end.

Till next time then.
Have a great weekend.

1 comment :