Saturday, January 10, 2015

Excuses (5 things - Week 93)

When a decision was made to port the outlet for my literary outpouring to another portal, I decided to put some serious thought into it. That was mostly because my last blog was named "The pasture of lunacy". Not the most inviting one, but for the sake of having a noticeable difference in title with respect to other blogs, I had gone ahead with something I subsequently regretted.


I know it's hard to believe that a substantial amount of time was spent on thinking up "Excuse me please", when the time came to christen the new blog. And you are right, it was more of a hunch naming. Mostly inspired from a famous Malayalam movie dialogue, the title was meant to indicate an act of seeking attention.


But over the weeks, I've found that the title is also symbolic of the many excuses that I give here. "Was busy with work at office", "was traveling for most parts of the week", "was so engrossed in falling in love that I forgot that I had to write a blog post", etc etc. The one for this week is that "I forgot I had to travel over the weekend, so I'm late for posting this".

Excuses of this kind have resulted in many changes here. The latest one saw the posting time delayed by 24 hours, to the midnight on Saturday. 


The funny thing about today is that I still haven't decided on what five things I'll be writing about. There had been this huge itch to scrap the "5 things" thing, but it's something I've shunned out cos it's the soul of the blog.

OK. After some quite thinking of 30 odd seconds, I've decided to enlighten you with five sentences, five quotes from the book laying on my lap
.
I have always been lucky in a way that I've always had people who nudged me towards excellent books. In fourth standard, the local librarian introduced me to the captivating stories of Enid Blyton. In eighth standard, my friend recommended me to read this book called "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone". And one month back, my brother took this book of the shelf and gave it to me and told me that this was nothing short of inspirational. And I agree.

So, for the "5 things" of this week, we'll be taking in the beauty of Paulo Coelho words from the "Manuscript found in Accra".

Shall we begin then??

***


1. "We do not agree about dates or about the best way to worship God, but in every other respect we live together in peace."

2. "What is knowledge? It isn't the absolute truth about life and death, but the thing that helps us to live and confront the challenges of day to day life...... It's the knowledge thatti lives in the hearts of men and women of good will."

3. "But even in cases of unrequited love, there is always hope that one day it'll be requited."

4. "Defeat comes when we fail to get something we very much want...... Defeat end when we launch into another battle. Failure has no end; it's a lifetime choice."

5. "We were born alone and we will die alone. But, while we are on this planet, we must accept and glorify our act of faith through other people. Community is life; and from it comes our capacity for survival."

***
So, that's all for this week then. 
Have a great weekend!! 
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment