Friday, November 7, 2014

Salt'n'Pepper (5 things - Week 84)

I didn’t want to admit to this, but yes, it’s true. I’ve been ignoring you. And contrary to my initial prognosis, it’s not the fact that I was recently employed again. After all, the crux of the material here were allegedly written when I was supposed to be at the office I was previously employed at. But then again, I can’t take all the blame away from that fact.

The process of getting re-acclimatized with the rigours of meeting targets and sitting at one place for more hours than recommended is all, but over for me. But that process did show its effects – the number of late conversation here over the past two months has been alarming. Which all lets us on to believe that those days are behind us. I hope so.

Part of the reason those days were upon us was that I took some time off before starting on the blog. I didn’t start as soon as I got home from work. The week before I decided to catch up on the latest CASTLE episode before writing. The week before that I decided to watch the ISL match before writing. And the week before that week was the week I did something I don’t remember now before writing.

So what is the reason for this week? Well, I was busy stuffing my mouth with the culinary offerings of one of the best restaurants in my town. You can’t blame me. After a tiring week, I wanted to enjoy some delicacies and that’s exactly what I did. And in case you want to do the same, here’s my list of the top 5 places to dine at in Thiruvananthapuram as the '5 things' for this week.

***

5. Thattukada, Bakery Junction

Dosa, chutney and vadas are the staple food of most households, and so, you would expect your taste buds to be blunt to their attacks at a local restaurant. But there's this something about the food from a Thattukada, which makes it absolutely delicious. And the one at Bakery Junction serves the best I've tried.

4. That fishy place near RBI

This is for the owners of that restaurant - I'm very sorry, but I fail to recollect the name of your institution. Even though I’ve visited your place only once, showing me that appam and fish curry is  a good combination was eye opening to say the least. And I would be back soon.

3. Annapoorna, East Fort

There are few places you can go to, if you yearn for a purely veg meal. If so, Annapoorna at East Fort is definitely worth a go. When a non vegetarian goes vegan, it's hard for him to satisfy his hunger. But I've never left this restaurant unsatisfied.

2. Zamzam, Palayam

The place I’m going back home from now. This is by far the best place to dine in at in Thiruvananthapuram. Chicken delicacies are their specialties and boy are they special. I had lost count of the days when we, those of this city, would lament Zamzam not opening a branch at Gurgaon.

1. My house

I won’t claim that my Mom is the best cook in the world. Titles like that are determined by constraints that more arbitrary than I would like them to be. But if you are in town, and you want to try out homely food, do drop in. Oh and make sure that you let me know that you are coming at least a day before. Otherwise, you won’t be getting the specials.

***


It's getting late. Tomorrow is another step into the future. I can't wait to arrange my thoughts and get back to you. I guess she's wondering why I haven't written anything, but a few sentences here and there, about her. I write freely about the trivial things happening in my life. This is nothing short of monumental. And I want my first post that's entirely dedicated to her to be worthy of it. And it might not come until the first week of December.

***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment