Friday, October 31, 2014

Agenda (5 things - Week 83)

Do you want to know something?? Of course, you would. Why else would you digress from your daily routine; stray from your usual pattern; walk down the not-so-less trodden path into this conversation??

Apparently, it has been made known to me that we don't have a clearcut agenda for this weekly conversation. And, as the person who commented claimed, having an agenda is like kissing in public. Some people will accept it, some others will always be against it, but you can be sure as hell that they'll all check in every now and then to see if there are any hot smooches going on.

*note

before proceeding any further, I hereby proclaim that "-ists" is an official word for this conversation. The meaning of "-ists" is to indicate an object, or group of people or a single person, anything, which follows the principles of the word given before it. Refer two paragraphs below for examples.

*end of note

And in this age, we have a lot of agenda-ists portals. Facebook is a prime example. But even though the agenda is same for everyone, the number of agendas on there is as numerous as the number of users on it, maybe more. Every other social networking site is the same.

Then there are the atheists, the theists, the pro-Modis, the anti-Modis, the caste-ists, the fetish-ists, the how-to-do-this-and-that-ists, the we-sell-everything-here-including-our-souls-ists, we-buy-everything-here-including-your-soul-ists, the we-have-so-many-pictures-of-dumb-people-doing-dumb-things-ists, etc etc.

If we had to have a dashed-instead-of-spaced phrase for our own use, it would be we-don't-know-how-you-got-here-but-we-dont-care-,-we-just-want-you-to-have-a-good-time-even-if-it-means-scaring-you-away-with-our-craziness-ists.

So, is it better to have an agenda, or not? It's a little bit of a sore spot to scrape. You can never live your life without an agenda, but your life should never be an agenda.

As we are talking about life, shall I interest you in this little comic on "Life and donuts"?? It's nothing less than mind-blowing. As it is too long, I've put it at the very end of the conversation, so that it loads by the time you reach the end.

Coming back to agendas, I'll never claim that we don't have an agenda here. I write to feel a sense of accomplishment, to get a feeling of having done something for someone. Most of the stuff here are either personal, or highly coloured in the way I see life. It's not a wide angle shot of the valley imbibing all it's beauty, but more like looking at the valley through a crack in the dark room you are in.

And why do I do it?? I need to have an outlet to release all these pent up emotions inside me. Before I started writing regularly, I was regularly playing football. Running hither thither till every last one of us was dead tired was the way for me to unwind after a week of work. But on 26th October, 2012, I made a swift turn on a stationary ball, snapping all three ligaments on my right ankle, leaving the doctor no other option than to advice me to stay away from anything requiring quick physical responses.

*note

Regular readers would notice that this is the umpteenth time I've mentioned this accident. I really wanted to stop being stale like this. It's the reason why I broke my promise and refrained from having an extra conversation last week on its second anniversary. Sachii.

*end of note

Well, for the "5 things" for this week, we'll go through five sporting personalities I could have been, if not for the cruel twist of fate. We shall ignore the fact that I started taking part in any kind of sports, even of the school ground-ish variety, only in my early 20s. Shall we begin then??

***

1. FOOTBALLER

Aaah. How great it would have been to earn a living as a professional footballer?? If I've another life as a human on this planet, it would be to be a professional footballer. And for this life, one of my secret aim is to jump to a career in football commentary. I practice it whenever I play FIFA these days. And no, it didn't start because my brother and myself got bored of the Russian commentary on the cracked version of FIFA we don't have.

2. BASKETBALL-ER??

The thought process in most people's head when they meet me, and we are talking about sports, "You are tall. The basket on a basketball court is vertically challenging. You get points for putting the ball in that basket - the correct basket.", which ends up with them saying, "Heyy.. You must play basketball a lot."

And no, I don't.

3. CRICKETER

This idea actually came from an uncle of mine, who opined that the long fingers on either hands of mine, along with the high point of release of the ball, would have made me an amazing swing bowler. The only reason I used to play cricket was that I didn't have to move a lot most of the time. The reason why I left playing cricket was that they never gave me a chance to bat most of the time.

4. BADMINTON PLAYER

The only claim I've for being a badminton player is three months of playing badminton in the mid 2012s.

5. MARATHON RUNNER

This idea actually came from me as I have run out of other ideas. Do the math for this yourself. I'll give you a hint. Long legs + long distance = lesser number of steps overall.

***

I don't have much of an epilogue to add to this. I just saw in Facebook that one of my better friends when I was in Gurgaon's birthday was today, and I haven't wished him till now. Less than two hours left for the day to be over. I better grab the phone. And I guess, Facebook isn't all that bad. Everything has a silver lining.

I was introduced to interesting souls because they read what I wrote. We connected on a higher level sooner because she loves to read what I write. And the reason I write today is because I tried that swift turn on a football on that cold night. Like I said, everything has a silver lining. It just takes some time to come good.

***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

***


No comments :

Post a Comment