Friday, August 22, 2014

Landing in Your dreams (5 things - Week 73)

***

This is the second part of an earlier post, "Leap of Faith". For continuity, it is recommended that you read this post after going through the previous episode in this series.

***

I hope you understand the concept of alternate universe. If not, allow me to demonstrate the concept with a simple situation, which you would have come across in your life.

Imagine that you are driving to meet a friend of yours. You know the address, but not the way to reach there. If you arrive at an unknown junction, with no soul in sight to ask for directions, you will make a choice on which road to take to continue your journey. After you make a choice, you follow that road and reach your destination. And that's your universe.

But if you had chosen another path to take you forward, then it is entirely plausible that you would have encountered a completely different journey. A journey which shares nothing in common with your current universe, but for the starting point. And that journey is supposedly been undertaken in an alternate universe.

So, in an alternate universe, I'm writing this blog post from Gurgaon. I'm quite happy with the progression I've made in the organization, having completed four years at the office. One more year and I'll be getting a gold coin to commemorate my services to the company. My marriage would have been fixed, with the ceremony to be held within this year. I would be double checking the tickets I booked for coming home for Onam next month, just to make sure that I didn't get anything wrong in it.

In that alternate universe, I didn't take the Leap of Faith.

But I'm in this universe with you. You join me as I write this from my home in Thiruvananthapuram. I'm looking forward to receiving the offer letter that would indicate the completion of the first phase of the leap. The thoughts of marriage are as far as they ever were. And I'm with my family more often than not these days. Everything that I expected, and more, have been obtained from the leap - the decision I took to change my field of career completely, after investing successfully for three years in the previous one.

***

Right now, it feels like I had been given an objective question to answer by someone - let it be God or Devil, Fate or Destiny.

"Choose to live out any one of the following dream of yours.

1. The family - being as close to them as possible so that I can support them as they have supported me.

2. The job - being in a job which utilizes the best skillset of mine (programming).

3. The city - being able to settle down here in Thiruvananthapuram.

4. The bonus - the bonus can be discussed only in abstract terms right now due to its volatile nature. Don't worry, I'll let you know about it soon enough.

5. All of the above"

Well, I didn't need to think twice before opting for option No.5. And so here I am, starting to live my dream of working in a good job in my own city, being close to my family, and with the bonus in my grasp nonetheless. I took the Leap of Faith and I've Landed in my Dreams.

***

And do you know what the best part is?? By making that decision to follow my dream, and by the chastising experiences over the past ten months, I feel more mature and accomplished, content and happy, confident and ready to face all oncoming challenges head on. I could try and forge sentences to inspire you to follow your dreams, but I feel that my own personal experience would suffice.

But just in case you are interested in hearing inspiring quotes on the same, we'll be having five of them as the "5 things" for this week. Let's start, shall we??

***

1. Steve Goodier

“Leaving what feels secure behind and following the beckoning of our hearts doesn't always end as we expect or hope. We may even fail. But here's the payoff: it can also be amazing and wonderful and immensely satisfying.” 

2. Isabel Lopez

“If you can’t believe in miracles, then believe in yourself. When you want something bad enough, let that drive push you to make it happen. Sometimes you’ll run into brick walls that are put there to test you. Find a way around them and stay focused on your dream. Where there’s a will, there’s a way.” 

3. Moffat Machingura

“Follow your dreams. I am not saying it’s going to be easy, but I am saying it’s going to be worth it."

4. Billy Joel

“You can get what you want or you can just get old.” 

5.  Paulo Coelho in Adultery has summed it up pretty nicely in the following words.

"Going after a dream has a price. But however costly it may be, it is never as high as the price paid by people who didn't live."

***

The iconic representation and the source of the term "Leap of faith" came from the following picture.




I wish I was a bit more skilled in digital art work. If that was the case, I would have turned up with a better depiction of landing in your dreams that this.



It's obvious that I gained a few pounds during that jump, right?? Can't ask for a better depiction than that, I guess.

***

Like I mentioned before, I understand truly well that landing here is just the beginning. To continue living this dream, I would have to put in tremendous amount of effort, maybe more than what I already did to get so far. But now I know that dreams do come true. Now, I know that if I strive hard for it, it'll come to me one day or another. It might be a cliche to quote this from "The Alchemist" now, but it is true in it's entirety.

"And, when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it."


***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment