Friday, July 25, 2014

Random five (5 things - Week 69)

This week we'll have a very short post with almost no prologue or epilogue. You all have been pampered with long posts in the past few weeks. As I'll be out of town starting this week, with no specific date set for my return to my "thironthoram", I'm not in a situation to churn out 1000 words for your consumption. Rather, I'll be using a mix of already composed work from external sources (when have I not, right?? ).

And most importantly, this is going to be a random post. I checked, and the last time we had one of these was way back in week 63. So, without further ado, let's get into it, shall we??

***

1. Sex education in India

Now, this video was going viral last week. Though there wasn't any sex education class when I was in school, I can imagine them being something very similar to what's portrayed here. Have a look, if you can handle the word "S-E-X".



2. Epic 404 page

HTTP 404 is an error code indicating that the web server was unable to return the page/link we are trying to access right now. Usual 404 pages look like this.


Well, the people at Association for Computing Machinery, University of Illinois decided to make something more interesting than that. They came out with a poignant web server which dumps all its emotional baggage onto you. Check it out at

http://www.acm.uiuc.edu/404

3. Photobomb level - QUEEN

The following photo was taken at the XX Commonwealth Games which is currently taking place at Glasgow. And in case you don't know what photobombing means, I'll explain. It is when you have an unexpected intrusion (human, animal or object) into the photo that you were taking.

If I have to explain this to you, NEVER MIND!! :-/

4. HARI SADU

An advertisement I hated because of the naming issues I had with the main character. But still a great ad nonetheless.



5. Inch-by-Inch

There are all kinds of speeches. Well, the next four minute video that I've for you is one of the best I've heard in all my life. Facing an uphill task to overturn a deficit in the crunch game, the coach gives a speech, a team talk at halftime. If you don't get goosebumps at the end of four minutes, you were not paying attention. The movie is "Any given sunday". Oh!! The coach is played by some guy called Al Pacino.



***

Just one more question before I let you get back to your weekend. How close do you have to be with someone to ask them what they do with their nose pickings?? I'll leave you with that thought.

***

Well, that's all for this week.
Hope you have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment