Friday, June 13, 2014

Random?? (5 things - Week 63)

There's always a pattern to the way I do things in my life. If given a target to achieve within a specific time period, I would start off in all earnest - planning, thinking, prioritizing and what not. But soon the initial drive will decrease, and I would start doing something else just cos I can. By the time the halfway point of the time period says "bye bye" to me, I start getting jitters and start working on finishing it, and mostly, finish the work by the 80-90% mark so that I can cruise to the finish line.

Such is not the way this blog gets written though. An idea is born everyday, an idea dies everyday.So, what you get is mostly what I think about on Fridays. There are the odd ones from other weekdays which make the list, but the net result of all this is that you tend to miss out on most of the stuff I would like to write about.

After the festivities of the month before, the past two weeks have been pretty dull with no special topics getting posted here. It's at times like these that the words of a senior of mine rings around in my head - "Don't try to force yourself to write. Write during a week only if you feel that it's worth to be written about." But the problem I would face in following that philosophy was the reason that most of my previous articles had an average of months in between their publishing here. 

Recently, someone advised me on the fact that trying is as good as winning. As you would expect I agreed with him 100%. But the problem was he was talking about things which are mainstream - things which people will applaud you for if you try for it.

We all remember the story of the king/general who fought an enemy army 7 times, and failed. But he was inspired by a spider to do it one more time, and eventually win. Now this story gets talked about a lot because it was a great job done by a great person, nameless though he may be. What we tend to forget is that there are people, who tend to love the non-mainstream. I won't ask you to go about singing about their conquests, but don't begrudge them with "Pffts" and "Mehs" if you can.

Anyways, RANT OVER.

For this weeks "5 things", we'll go through the five topics that came to my mind through this week.

Let's begin, shall we??

***

1. Monday - Facts??

Did you know that there are two kinds of twins - fraternal and identical. Fraternal twins means that they began with two eggs and two sperms. In identical twins, there's only one egg and one sperm, but it splits into two later.

Well, this series was originally intended to be a "Did you know" series comprising of the things I learned during the week. And since it has been a long time since we had one such post here, Monday was spent thinking of what other similar/interesting facts I could dig up.

2. Tuesday - Nothing??

This is what I feel would be a grand post by itself. A blog about nothing. I end up thinking about such a post at least once every week, but all my ideas for it have failed to excite me till now.

3. Wednesday - Migraines??

Started off as a slight headache concentrated on the right hand size of my head. In the end, it became too much, and ended my day early. Migraines was the topic too, but I did not get much time to think about it.

4. Thursday - "Mom & Me"


See the above video. That is the call for a new reality show, set soon to be aired on a prominent regional channel. So, what the difference? It is calling for mothers and their newborn children to take part in it. During that video, the actress says something to the effect of

"if your kid has brains, beauty, and/or the capability to respond intelligently to external stimuli, and if he/she is between the age group of 1 month to 3 years, ..."

Tell me how a child of 1 month responds to external stimuli. And what skills is a child of 1 month going to show off in front of the camera. There has been very less research on the effects of reality show pressure on people (young and old), but I guess no doctor will advice a mother to take her child on something as stressful as this.

This was supposed to be the main topic of this blog, but I need to get my ideas in order before I can release it. Expect a full post on this soon.

5. Friday - THIS!!!

***

Well, a few minutes spent on the beach side in the evening, swarmed as it was with crabs and rats, was well spent indeed. A few minutes alone should be made compulsory every week for every individual. To just sit there and count the waves was nothing short of magical. And a lot of thinking gets done in between too. ;)


***

Well, that's all for this week.
Hope you have a great weekend. Meet you in the comment sections, if you are interested.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment