Friday, April 18, 2014

Accidents Happen (5 things - Week 55)

Accidents are unexpected. Ask my neighbour who was in one this week. He was making his usual 0 to 60 kmph sprint in the 50m long road on his Honda Activa. The accident came at an unexpected moment from an unexpected car turning in from the other end. Needless to say, his vehicle had a collision with that car. This accident had a very painful ending for him.

But not all accidents are painful. Take true love for an example. A good friend of mine defined it as such, while we were discussing the probability of the existence of true love,

'True love is never going to happen at first sight. It is something which happens to you - at the most unexpected moment, from the most unexpected source.'

From this definition, you could almost say that true love is nothing, but an accident. It is always a coincidental meeting of two people's destinies.

Two of my good friends met in such an 'accident' nearly three years ago. And they are getting married to each other tomorrow.

If you had read the very first post in this series, "5 things I learned this week (Part 1)", for the point no.3 I had written...

"Did you know...
...that it is possible for Gabbar Singh and Phoolan Devi to have a relationship?


Gabbar Singh (fictional character from the legendary movie “Sholay”) and Phoolan (real life character from our crappy life) are well known protagonists of their own evil, wicked stories. Both are similar in most aspects of their life, are egoistic and would take any step necessary to win their own battle. This led me to think that they can’t be a couple (without having a counselor telling them to calm down every 5 minutes). Well, apparently, they can be a couple. And I’m happy for them. 



That was a personal rant, and if you didn’t understand it, please be pleased to know that the people it was meant for, understood it."



You don't have to be an ace crime solving sleuth to put two and two together here. The Gabbar Singh I was talking about was Mr.Alok M D, and the Phoolan Devi was none other than Ms. Ratika Chauhan. I wish them both a very happy, long, prosperous married life. I know that my absence at your wedding is the worst thing I could do to you people, but you both have still understood my situation. Thank you for that. :)


And "2 States" the movie couldn't have been released at a better time. The cross country cultural differences are aplenty and have been explained to death in various forums, so I won't be going into those again over here.

For the five things for this week, I can't figure out any sh*t to write about. Alok wanted me to write a post about him, but I think the best I could have written has already been written in "Thank God for Amnesia".

"
This summer has taken from me the one constant I've had here in the past three years. I've always said that he was the older brother I never wanted, but still, if you want me to make it look like the Batman dialogue - "He is not the brother you want; he is the brother you need."


After I've forced myself to change, I'll have to confront the reminders of good old times. Whenever I walk into MGF and hear that Black Eyed Peas song on the loop; whenever I see the infamous Lee Cooper Tshirt; whenever I feel like doing something stupid; whenever I feel like saying FUAH to someone; when I try to teach someone else the language of LLUMA; whenever I try yo make someone notice the chick near us by telling what o'clock she is to him; I'm gonna be reminded.

"

I guess I just recounted the main memories we had.

1. The vast expanse of MGF Metropolitan Mall and that Black Eyed Peas song.

2. My infamous Lee Cooper Tommy Hilfiger Tshirt.

3. Stupid things were aplenty. Like that day we went out for a walk in the park, got into a bus just cos I dared you to, and we ended up looking for a way back home from the Malls at 11pm.

4. All the acronyms we made up to help us curse each other faster.

5. The ingenious language of LLUMA by which we identified SLLUMA and SLAMU.. ;)

Through all those times you showed patience in not killing me with a single for all the stupid things I did and said; through all those times I had to drag you home drunk, we had a great time over there.

You've matured a lot since she came into your life, surpassing everything I thought you are capable of in life. You've both fought hard to make this happen and I know you both will keep fighting for it till the end of time.

Anna, I dedicate this post to you and your happiness. I hope she keeps driving you mad, and you keep on realizing why she was meant for you. 

***



***

That's it for this week.
You all have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment