Friday, March 7, 2014

Recap (5 things - Week 49)

*** When a TV series's scriptwriters have a shortage of ideas for the next episode, they improvise on a simple, short script by adding a lot of flashbacks They, thus make an entire episode, which is basically a look back at the best moments in that series. This is my own humble attempt at the same. ***

One of the worst kept secret in this world is that everyone is unique. I won't digress by trying to explain the difference we all have in our personalities, our behaviours and our intelligence. You don't need to have a keen sense of observation to realize that.

Even in this blog, in this series, I've seen that uniqueness - on what different people want from the posts. The humour I often try to employ, the way I describe my experiences, my style of writing and the selection of topics - everything has been influenced to cater to those varying needs. And the response to a post has always varied due to the variety of people who read these random mumblings of mine.

But still, among the 75+ posts in this blog, there is one post which has been read the most. 

"Ormayundo?"

Why is it so, you may ask. Well, let me tell you that it's cos it has got everything. A climax, a funny twist, a real life incident and maybe, most importantly a bit of self mockery.

In the past, you had to submit your creation, whether prose or poem, to an editor and then be dependent upon his taste and his whims to get your article published somewhere; anywhere. But all I got to do now is to click the orange "Publish" button at the top. It's that simple, it's that tough. You get judged by a far bigger crowd with widely varying tastes and preferences.

But thanks to constant feedbacks (both positive and negative), we have been able to keep this blog alive. So, for this week's "5 things", we'll have a look at the favorite posts, which were not a part of this series.

***


This was always going to be the first. Click that link and read on to find out how interesting/embrassing meeting an old friend can be.


One punch line gave life to a whole post. Go on and read about the seven stages of love, and how, in the right relationship, you'll fall in love over and over again.


A personal favorite, because it was the first poem I had written in a decade. What got me so swelled up with emotions?? Well, I had to play my last game of football. And in that one game, I felt, for one last time, all the things which made me fall in love with this beautiful game.




Three hints.
Hint 1 : A flight journey from Delhi to Trivandrum.
Hint 2 : "God!! Please let her sit right next to me."
Hint 3 : God wishes you had be more specific about your wishes.


My tribute to one of the best voices I've had the luck to listen to. Read that post and find out how Kishore Kumar will have you laughing through one song, and crying as you listen to the next one.

***

I know I'm not allowed to give excuses, but still I've been swamped with work. It's ironic that this has happened only after I quit my job. If it weren't for the "Leap of Faith", I would have been writing this post out in my room at Gurgaon, after another week at office, getting ready to enjoy the weekend. It would have been easy, but it wouldn't have been the same. Take your own leap of faith to know what that means.



***

Well, that's it for this week.
You all have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment