Friday, February 21, 2014

Throwback (5 things - Week 47)

We are going retro this week. This series was actually started to talk about "5 things I learned"  this week. Since my skills in observation and deduction, or even just plain mugging up, are sort of pathetic, I had to shift my motto for this post to what it is presently - blabbering about anything and everything. So, enjoy a throwback to the early 2013's.. ;) :D



***

Did you know..

1. .. that my vacation comes to an end in 24 hours?

For the past two months, I've been as lazy as lazy can be. The most responsible thing I had to do was to write out these blogs in time. But in 24 hours, I begin my classes. The distance education MBA classes begin on Sunday, and another 24 hours later, my course on Embedded Systems begins. Enough to say that I've to pick up my Monday to Friday routine again from next week, with added task of the Sunday classes. It truly is the end of my last all lazy vacation.


2. ... that you can never be sure in life??


I remember classifying my post-BTech, pre-Job era as the last all lazy vacation of my life. And you find me filing off my present vacation in the same name. No one, not even myself, would have predicted that I would go for the jugular and force myself to quit my job and turn my life into an entirely new, different direction.

At times like these, I remember what my school VP telling our class, "The only thing you can be sure of in life is Change."

3. ... that I'm 73.5kgs now??

If you would remember from a post a few weeks before, I had claimed that my weight has gone up in the past two months. I checked it yesterday and it was 73.5kgs. You may ask why this is such a big deal. For a guy who has been stuck at or around 65kg for the past 12 years, this is nothing short of monumental.

4. ... that there are problems cos of this weight increase??

I've estimated about 5 kgs of this increase in my weight to be concentrated on the one pack I'm sporting these days. The result is that the formal pants (that I had to hang on my hip bones using a belt) are now bursting. All in a span of two months. And the saddest part is that I had a formal pant which I was yet to wear for the first time. I've planned to make an unplanned effort to reduce the tummy so that I can use that pant.

5. ... that the best people in the world are near to you??

"Sach me" I don't have any explicit examples to prove that. It's something you'll have to take my word for. 

***

It's better to learn WISDOM late, than never to learn it at all.


***

Well, that's it for this week.
You all have a great weekend.
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment