Friday, May 31, 2013

5 things I learned this week (Part 9)

There are many ways to answer a question. And even if the outcomes are the same, the way in which you answer to the question shows off the subtleness you wished to hide. If you don’t believe me, see this for an example.

Let us assume someone asks you to give them your bike for an hour or so. If we also assume that you are going to give them your bike, there are two things you’ll say – “Ok” and “When?”.

If it’s a close friend, the order will be “Ok” and then “When?” (Sometimes it’ll just be “When?”) If it is an acquaintance, it’ll be the reverse. This change in order shows the priority that you wished to hide.

Now, this week I’m going to go all RANDOM on you.

Did you know…

1. … that Walt Disney’s body has been cryogenically preserved, as per his wish?

Only that, it is not. It was cremated with due formalities after his death. But someone close to him, started this as one last prank on the famous man by letting this crazy info leak into the hands of the media. This is what you call an Urban Legend. There are a lot of those which you can find by a simple a google search on 'urban legend'.

2. … that the seat numbers in Kingfisher airlines flights skip from 12 to 14?

Apparently, the owner feels that the number 13 is unlucky. I can’t find any links to prove this, but it’s true. Anyways, since all their flights are still in their hangars, you can’t prove me wrong for now. :p

UPDATE!!! I just got this to prove my point..

3. … that the minimum temperature in Gurgaon is the maximum temperature at Trivandrum?

The value in question is 30 deg Celsius. And yes, I know this is personal, but you have got to feel for me. I had to come from the perfect climate to the perfect heat wave last week. By the way, the minimum temperature in Gurgaon is achieved around 6am every day.

4. … that the google recommends you to “Jet ski across the Pacific Ocean” when you ask it for road directions from Japan to China?

If you don’t believe me, go to this link and check out direction number 44.

5. … that the best food is served in a Malayalee Christian Wedding?

There’s fish, there’s chicken, there’s mutton, and there’s beef. What else do you need to finish off your appetite? There were some veg items too, but I wasn’t concerning myself with them. And for the gift of making me attend my first such wedding, I would like to thank my two classmates in college, Deepu and Merin.

Deepu, you are one lucky man. You have successfully lived the dream that all the guys who went to college dream of. Fall in love with a great gal; she feels the same for you; you have a steady relation through college and after; then get your parents to agree to the wedding, and now being happily married for a week, with decades more to come. You did great bro!!

And Merin. I said this to you on your wedding day, and I’m gonna say it again. All the best!! :P

With warm wishes for a beautiful future to the newlyweds, I’m taking your leave.

That’s all for this week folks.

Have a great weekend!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment