Saturday, May 18, 2013

5 things I learned this week (Part 7)

Apparently, I come off as a shy and/or introvert to the general public, but, in the confines of close friends, I let loose my “other” side, exhibiting little of those two qualities. This must be the most common unique thing in the world, because I’ve seen many of my friends doing the same. I was rankling the one who made this comment about me, when I was presented with the next observation.

The person in question happened to note that I show a completely different attitude here, in my blog – with the specialty being that the attitude differs from post to post. I might be telling a story in one – contorting the happenings in real life to make sure that original characters are not identified; or I might appoint you as my psychiatrist and give you in depth details about what is going on in my head; or I might be disillusioned to such an extent, that I ramble on here like this, expecting you to be still reading this line, when you must have already jumped on to the next paragraph, checking if there is something non-nonsensical there.

I still haven’t decided whether to take that remark as a compliment or as a complaint. The thing is there is a grey area in between them, and I strongly believe that if you were to ever visit that place, you would meet my blog there – lounging in the sun, sipping some lemonade under the shade of an oversized umbrella.

And talking about grey areas, I’m definitely in one right now. It’s 2pm on the Thursday of this week. I’m sitting at office, with a bunch of documents spread about me, typing this blog out. Now, don’t think that the grey area I mentioned to be the one questioning whether I should be sitting here writing out a blog during office hours. I’ve been doing this for weeks for it to put any weight on my conscience. I’m talking about the dilemma I’m facing right now in terms of what to write.

I’m going home in less than 30 hours – home as in Trivandrum. I’ve already got the theme for next week’s post, which will be some interesting facts about the city I grew up in. But since I’m already in a semi-vacation mood, I can’t seem to find anything to write about.

No themes. No random thoughts. No subtle differences in words that seem alike. No nothing.

And it is not just the blog that I’m unable to concentrate upon. I’ve work to be completed before I can go home. I’ve to make sure that the flat that I live in is restored to a universally accepted habitable state. I’ve to pack my stuff. I got to make sure that we don’t walk into the wedding of two of our batch mates next Saturday empty handed.

There’s a lot to do, and all I’m thinking of is going home, and lazing around like in the good old times. And the notion of achieving complete laziness in 30 hours is making me nauseate at the thought of doing work.

Okay. Enough with the rant. Thank you for hearing me out doc. I feel much better already. You are the best. ;) :D

Let’s start today’s show.

Did you know…

1. …that Air India has reduced the maximum allowable limit for baggage weight from 25kg to 15kg?

As if this wasn’t enough, they are charging Rs.250 extra for every kg more than 15.

2. ...that “Men are the only male mammals fascinated by breasts in a sexual context”?

This one is a scientifically proven fact which was stumbled upon by your truly while researching saintly on the subject of “Why men like breasts?” The research itself was spawned by a discussion in office on the same question, and one interesting , scientific explanation on the same is given at the following link, with them stating that

“…our fascination with your breasts, far from being creepy, is an unconscious evolutionary drive prompting us to activate powerful bonding circuits that help create a loving, nurturing bond.”


Men. You can now ogle all you want. You are just 'looking' for a deep relationship. ;) :P

3. … that the original Coco-cola had cocaine in it?

And you wondered why they call it “Coke”. When the drink was initially sold, it used to contain, what now officials at the company claim to be, “trivial” amounts of cocaine. But since it was in the 1890s, cocaine was legal in USA, and coco-cola was just one of the many beverages being sold at that time having cocaine in it. Once the ban on drugs was instated, the ingredient was removed from the drink.


4. … that a person can still fart after death?

And that the average person farts 14 times a day. More fun fart facts can be read and enjoyed at


5. …that over the first 15 days of the month, I’ve set aside Rs.2653 for my donation drive?

If you would remember the blog from two weeks before, I had decided to not eat any fast food for this month, and instead give the money so collected as a donation to some worthwhile cause, which were highlighted in that blog.


The figure explains quite a lot about where my salary goes.

Fast Food. (-_-)

Oh!! and T shirts.
I counted them and found that I bought 27 T shirts in the past 2 years. :D

Well, that’s all folks for this week. Wish me a fun vacation!!
Hope you have a great weekend too!!!

4 comments :

  1. wish u gud luck for ur vacation and proposed...completion of work before u leave....but most surprising thing i read about is "universally accepted habitable state" r u serious come on that's the only thing bachelors got and if u r planning to get change it means ......... oops...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for your wishes sir..
      and about the state of our flat.. we're going to change it at the end of the month.. so have to make it look good for the owner, if we are to get our advance amount back..:D

      Delete
  2. i am amazed by the potpourri of observations and experiences welded in one single blog post..and this "5 things i learnt" forum is a very juicy anodyne...for stray reader like me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy to know that you feel that way.. and it's the response regular readers like you that keeps me going.. thank you for that... :)

      Delete