Sunday, December 24, 2023

3 Random Things - Week 5

The obvious change in title might not have gone unnoticed, I presume. Like all things natural and artificial, I'm afraid of change, but not immune to it. 

There has been talks in the backalleys of the Internet that I'm running a scam here - I lure people in here by claiming that I'm sharing something I learnt, but they soon realise it's nothing more than an open diary.

Assume I had a any iota of talent in riding a cycle. The only way I could get better at it would be by riding it regularly. I would need a coach-like figure to guide me through. Unfortunately, my thing is writing. At the cost of indulging in oneself, I'm amazed at what I've written in the past. This might not be the endgame, but a positive feeling generated here sure reflects elsewhere.

Forcing myself to write every week on a public platform is the form of training I'm undertaking. Everytime I hit the "Publish" button, I mentally put a tick mark against one item in the weekly "To do" list. A sense of accomplishment every week helps.

***

1. Increasing sales

There's that "forwarded joke" about how someone at a toothpaste company increased the sales by increasing the diameter of the opening. While we read and laugh/smirk alongwith it, the unfortunate reality is being ignored. I don't know if the toothpaste thing is fact or fiction, but something similar is happening everywhere.

Recently, I had to upgrade the internet connection to Fiber. They came and installed everything (at a cost). In the end, they said that the input port of the Wifi modem we are using now doesn't support the output of the newly installed router. Basically, to meet the present criteria, I had to throw away a perfectly functioning device and pay for a one.

2. Turning 35

I dreaded heading into the wrong side of 30. In two days, I'm being pushed to the away half of the wrong side of 30. Like any normal person out there, I'm having my fair share of anxiety and depression. It's controllable till date, but I've researched for solutions in case it becomes something which starts affecting my routines. If you are someone/know someone battling mental demons, don't be afraid to reach out for help.

Ok. Let me be clear - I meant reaching out to a professional for help, not me. I'm in no way qualified t this. I do have a patient ear, but the logical/sarcastic responses might not be what you were hoping to hear at the end of a full disclosure.

3. "I owe you"

Allow me one "I owe you". I swear I'm good for it. As a security, please accept this old post.


***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment