Saturday, February 21, 2015

Songs (5 things - Week 98)

This must be a first. My laptop screen is currently bifurcated into equal halves - one portions. Both sections are currently under construction. While on the left side of the screen, this blog is being built word by word by yours truly; the other half is now showing the 'live' telecast of Crystal Palace vs Arsenal football match.

I have put live in quotes because it is almost live, not actual live. Along with this stream, I'm also following a live blog giving kick by kick updates. Now, the blog describes the action well before the actual action is shown in video format. When you consider that the blog is written by someone watching the match on his telly, then you don't need much else to question the dubious nature of the word 'live' shown against the match.

It is an interesting experience actually. I'm doing, arguably, two of the best things I love to do at the same time. And you won't be wrong to question the depth to which I would derive pleasure from each. Overlapping isn't generally added up in such cases. But since the live stream takes it upon itself to hang for some time every minute, I'm freed up in between to write to you.

The reason I'm forced to do this is because of our Saturday midnight deadline. I have had a pretty hectic week at work. This is unlike the ones I've had before. Since the work is mostly service oriented now, 12+ hours of daily work doesn't actually mean 12+ hours of actual work. It means that you have to be alert and work, as and when customers come along. This line of work is bound to end in a week. So hopefully, I'll have a decent, well thought out blog for Women's day at least.

As for today, I hope you'll excuse me, and take in lieu of the usual chitchat, these five soothing Tamil songs.

***

1. En veetu thottathil



2. Malarkale malarkale



3. Nadhiye nadhiye



4. Enavalae adi enavalae



5. Kannukku mai azhagu




***

You don't have to be a genius to pick up on the fact that these are some genuine, ever lasting ARR classics. If not for the lyrics, you can easily notice the repetition of words in the first sentence. That is as close as it gets to an ARR signature in words.

I promise I'll pick up the slack over the next few weeks.

***

So, that's all for this week then.
Have a great weekend!!
'til next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment