Thursday, April 20, 2017

Words of Wisdom - Week 5

The moment I wrote "hopefully by Sunday" in the last post, I knew it was doomed. It's Thursday today - Friday in another two hours - and it's only now that I'm starting this. And the reason for the delay this time is the words of wisdom I received once from a senior, who's name escapes me now.

What doesn't escape my memory's ken are the following five words of wisdom that were shared with me by some great minds. Let's start with the reason for this week's delay.

1. "Your ability to produce coherent sentences is dependent on your creative juices. And like all juices, this needs time to refill."
I had a meeting to attend this Tuesday. Remembering the above words, I chose not to write the blog over the weekend, as that would have left my creative juices dry for the meeting.

2. "The speed of the fan, the amount of sugar in your tea - all these are prospective problems."
Said with respect to Marriages, by my dear friend Gulf's co-brother.

3. "If you've ten problems now, you know all your problems. You don't know how many, or what problems you're going to have in an year."
When Anoop said this to Vivek four years back in that old room in Delhi, he wouldn't have realised how many lives he was re-routing. When Vivek was torn between choosing to stay at DMRC (this being safe) or going to Germany on a scholarship (this being his dream), these words drove him to his dreams. And one by one, the rest of us took the leap of faith.

4. "Make sure the girl is the last one to send the message in a chat."
I still don't understand the concept or advantage behind this one, but I followed it for the better part of a decade. Thank you Chaithin for that.

5. "You're six foot tall right. Then why do you stoop? Stand straight and walk proud with your head held high."
This advice was given to me when I was returning home from school one day. And the source was some old man painting the wall of a random house.

***

Until next week.

No comments :

Post a Comment